Application Administrator Job Description
• The applications Manager is an IT Specialists responsible for implementing and upgrading application software. Work with stakeholders, team members and sponsors to manage and support applications over multiple operating software platforms to include Linux and Windows platforms.
• Creates, executes, and maintain database: modify database account permission, run RCU to create database schemas for WebLogic install, and run queries to verify account status (locked unlocked expired etc.)
• Process the knowledge base to remediate vulnerabilities by applying vendor patch or recommending configuration changes
• Maintain and create backups of middleware/software homes prior to applying security updates or configuration changes
• Create documentation and artifacts to support and sustain best business practices to develop and maintain Middle-Tier software in accordance to DoD and SYSCOM policies, providing metrics and reports that will show that applications are functional and accessible.
• Consult with functional analysts to define and redefine specifications and requirements for USMC systems changes.
• Analyze log/error files for problem resolution.
• Support and enhance Installation of Information System changes and/or web services changes, advising of results and solutions to issues encountered.
• Generate business cases, level-of-efforts, recommendations, and other technical advice to ensure integrated system solutions.
• Manage, create, and install certificates for WebLogic environment.
• Manage WebLogic server health and configuring health monitoring. Configure JDBC connection pools and data sources within WebLogic.
• A bachelor’s degree is highly desired, broad knowledge of computer networking, administration, and installations of networks.
• Experienced WebLogic/Fusion Middleware administration (including installations and configurations)
• Knowledge of using WebLogic, UNIX shell scripting
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Security + certified or obtained within 60 days of hire.
• ITILv3 Foundation is desired.
• Active Secret Security clearance is preferred, but interim Secret Security clearance will suffice.
• US Citizen
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA, opportunities for bonuses, 401k match and more.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.