The test engineer will work with the developer or agile team to create test plans, test cases, user stories and task estimates. The test engineer will execute the test plans, test cases, and test the user stories, evaluate the results, and provide the results to the team. The test engineer will be part of a larger team and will be accountable for his work product qualify.
Test Engineer Job Description
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence in a software development environment.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Experience with Cloud development, migrations, and implementations (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Develop testing routines or procedures.
- Document operational activities.
- Analyze data to identify or resolve operational problems.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details.
- Preferred associates or bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of proven experience
- Experience with automated and manual testing methods
- Experience with Selenium tool
- Ability to write good User Acceptance Criteria
- Direct experience with Agile software development methodologies a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background investigation
- Must be a US Citizen
DoD public trust
Seaside CA, Columbia, MD
Company benefits include but are not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA, 401k, and more.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.