The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for developing and testing Custom Applications within the ServiceNow platform as well as making core system configuration to meet requirements, developing workflow customizations, and supporting the JDAMIS ServiceNow development team. The candidate will have an understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how business rules and interface integration can be implemented in ServiceNow. The ServiceNow Developer will work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for JDAMIS/JQS/GFMDI ServiceNow configuration, implementation and support. As new technologies emerge and impact ServiceNow, the ServiceNow Developer is expected to learn these applications very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new applications with our systems.
Key Job Functions:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Design, develop, test, and document ServiceNow flows, forms, reports, configurations, ACLs, etc. to meet requirements.
- Customize ServiceNow applications and facilitate rollout of new applications and modules and configure Application UI and Configure Workflow.
- Configure and maintain integrations with external systems.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field; or
- 7 + years of knowledge of computer programming languages and some relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow Development Platform.
- Proficient in ServiceNow Content Management (CMS)
- Familiar with Jelly (syntax used to render ServiceNow UI pages).
- Understanding of how changes are moved from Dev environment to Test and Prod.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and the ability to write complex scripts.
- CompTIA Security + Certification
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 6 years of related experience
- 5 years’ experience in Agile delivery methodologies
- 5 years’ experience with client/server and application system architectures and migration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of database security procedures and protocols
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills
DOD Public Trust or Secret clearance or higher
Comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA, opportunities for bonuses, 401k match and more.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.