Business Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participates in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participates in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provides guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Preferred associates degree and or bachelor’s degree in the field of business administration, information technology, computer science, or related field
- 2 to 4 years + related work experience as a Business Analyst, Program Analysts, or Systems Analyst
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development (Agile or Waterfall).
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Preferred Scrum Master Certified or SAFe Agile Certification.
- Working knowledge of Windows office systems, Microsoft Suite (Visio, Word, SharePoint)
- Be able to successfully pass an extensive background investigation
- US Citizen
DoD public trust or secret clearance and higher
Full Time Exempt
This position will work temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but only for the duration of the COVID-19, and will transition back to a non-remote job until otherwise noticed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company benefits includes but are not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA and 401k and more.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.