Computer Programmer Job Descriptions
The Computer Programmer will translate technical design specifications into the appropriate IT solution with ability to develop and/or write code that converts pseudo-code or design specifications into a set of digital instructions for a computer or other end-user device to execute.
- Code and test programming for software.
- Develop and deploy computer applications.
- Execute code builds to test and production environments.
- Fix bugs in existing code.
- Collaborate with product, design, and marketing teams.
- Maintain documentation per company standards.
- Provide testing, documentation, training, and support for third-party software products.
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions.
- Experience with Oracle Forms/Reports, Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Ability to generate/execute technical design documents, generate/execute test plans/cases (unit and system integration),
- Ability to generate/execute implementation plans write/modify code, perform technical analysis design, and software programming
- Experience Documenting (technical) the development and maintenance of software applications and systems which includes Application software written in many languages
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
- Track record of successful application development
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3 +years of experience in software development
- Experience on the mainframe with COBOL, COBOL with ADABAS Direct Calls, MQ Series, WebLogic, Data Query, Job Control Language (JCL)
- Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Secure data transmission (secure file gateway, secure file transfer protocol (sftp)…), Public Key infrastructure (PKI/Single Sign-on),
- Experience with mainframe Web/Batch, TSQL, XML, COGNOS, VB.NET, C#
- Direct experience with Agile software development methodologies a plus
interim secret security clearance
Comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA, training and development, bonuses, 401k match and more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.