The DBA will work with the developer or agile team to administer the database environment for the program. The DBA will maintain the structure, contents, performance, and quality of the data in the database. The DBA will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the databases. The DBA will be heavily involved in the migration to the ServiceNow FedRamp Cloud. The DBA will be part of a larger team and will be accountable for the work product and quality.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence in a software development environment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Manage migration of oracle database onto new ServiceNow platform.
- Design and implement export, transform load process for legacy data into new database.
- Work with product team to design and implement data architecture.
- Maintain product data dictionary and data model.
- Create database views to support implementation of functional requirements.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong command of SQL and Oracle tools, including PL/SQL
- Oracle SQL Developer or TOAD experience required
- Migrating to AWS Cloud a plus
- AWS RDS/PostGres a plus
- ServiceNow Interfacing a plus
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with ServiceNow data management and table administration a plus.
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow) a plus
- Security + certified or ability to obtain within 60 days of hired date
- Must be a US Citizen
DOD Public Trust or preferably secret clearance and higher
1) Seaside CA, 2) Columbia, MD, 3) Remote
Company benefits includes but are not limited to health, dental, vision, PTO, HSA, FSA and 401k and more.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
clearAvenue, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.